Monday, December 21, 2009

In Memory

I have hundreds of drawings of Ron. Hundreds and hundreds. But somehow, these three drawings are the only thing I have left. The rest are hiding in my parent's house in the basement. These drawings are from early Freshman year, over 4 years ago, when I was still a little shocked each week to find myself drawing a naked man. But it's because of Ron that I got better at drawing. Each semester, you can see it in Ron's face, in his hands, in the gestures of his pose, that I was improving, and it was all thanks to him. Nobody else got into it like he did. He would stay in his pose for twenty minutes when the class was on break and there was absolutely nobody else in the room, and then continue the pose for the rest of class.  He would make the funniest and most complex faces and poses because he was so into character. I would see him at the Student Show openings, manning tables or helping hand out information for interested art buyers. He even attended the Illustration Potlucks. He was a part of our family and he truly loved CCS. No other model comes close to the dedication he had. We all share memories and funny stories of Ron throughout the years which binds us together in a way nobody else would understand. 

For all future generations at CCS, you are truly missing out on something special. I am grateful for the time we managed to have. Here's to you, Ron.

2 comments: